…old pay phone kiosks!
This past Wednesday, NYC repurposed ten pay phones across Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens into free Wi-Fi hotspots (see the list below for locations). What about the Bronx and Staten Island? Fear not, there are plans in the coming months to connect booths in all five boroughs.
• Brooklyn Heights-Cobble Hill: 545 Albee Square and 2 Smith Street
• SoHo: 402 West Broadway
• Fur-Flower District: 458 Seventh Avenue
• Theater District-Clinton: 28 West 48th Street
• Grand Central-United Nations: 410 Madison Avenue
• Midtown-Clinton: 1609 Broadway and 1790 Broadway
• Upper West Side: 230 West 95th Street
• Astoria: 30-94 Steinway Street